- Install, administer, and hold your Raspberry Pi
- Explore a brand new global of computing with this affordable, credit-card sized computer
- Connect your Raspberry Pi to different units on neighborhood networks and utilise IoT services
With expanding curiosity in Maker initiatives and the web of items (IoT), scholars, scientists, and hobbyists are utilizing the Raspberry Pi as a competent, reasonably cheap platform to attach neighborhood units to web services.
This publication starts with recipes which are necessary to fitting the Raspberry Pi and configuring it for community entry. Then it keeps with recipes on fitting universal networking companies corresponding to firewalls and dossier sharing.
The ultimate chapters comprise recipes for community tracking, streaming facts from the Raspberry Pi to IoT providers, and utilizing clusters of Raspberry Pis to shop and examine huge volumes of data.
What you'll learn
- Install, replace, and improve your Raspberry PI
- Configure a firewall to guard your Raspberry Pi and different units in your neighborhood region network
- Set up dossier sharing, distant entry, an internet server, and your individual wiki
- Create a instant entry aspect and use it as a web gateway
- Stream video, audio, and native machine information to IoT prone in addition to your personal websites
- Control units hooked up to the Raspberry Pi out of your mobile through the web
- Create a massive video wall utilizing a number of screens and Raspberry Pis
About the Author
Rick Golden, in the summertime of 1972, sat within the laptop lab at SUNY Fredonia and accomplished his first CAI instructional on programming in APL. He was once nine years outdated then.
He has been programming pcs for over forty years. He has designed and constructed a large number of initiatives, from low-level photos and database drivers to large-volume e-commerce platforms.
At paintings, Rick is presently excited by constructing software program to enhance healthcare by means of mining petabytes of healthcare claims to discover possibilities to enhance healthcare coordination. After paintings, Rick teaches 10-14 yr olds find out how to software utilizing Raspberry Pi computers.
Table of Contents
- Installation and Setup
- File Sharing
- Advanced Networking
- IoT – net of Things
Download E-books Essential Skills for the Agile Developer: A Guide to Better Programming and Design PDF
By Alan Shalloway
Agile has turn into today’s dominant software program improvement paradigm, yet agile equipment stay tough to degree and increase. Essential abilities for the Agile Developer fills this hole from the ground up, instructing confirmed strategies for assessing and optimizing either person and workforce agile practices.
Written through 4 principals of web Objectives—one of the world’s major agile education and consulting firms—this ebook displays their unsurpassed event assisting businesses transition to agile. It specializes in the explicit activities and insights that may carry the best layout and programming advancements with most economical investment.
The authors demonstrate key elements linked to winning agile initiatives and provide useful how you can degree them. via real examples, they tackle rules, attitudes, behavior, technical practices, and layout considerations—and in particular, convey the best way to deliver some of these jointly to bring higher-value software program. utilizing the authors’ options, managers and groups can optimize the complete association and the total product throughout its complete lifecycle.
Essential talents for the Agile Developer shows how to
- Perform programming via intention
- Separate use from construction
- Consider testability earlier than writing code
- Avoid over- and under-design
- Succeed with popularity attempt pushed improvement (ATDD)
- Minimize complexity and rework
- Use encapsulation extra successfully and systematically
- Know whilst and the way to exploit inheritance
- Prepare for switch extra successfully
- Perform non-stop integration extra successfully
- Master robust most sensible practices for layout and refactoring
By Adrian Mouat
Docker packing containers supply less complicated, speedier, and extra strong equipment for constructing, allotting, and working software program than formerly to be had. With this hands-on consultant, you’ll study why packing containers are so vital, what you’ll achieve by means of adopting Docker, and how to make it a part of your improvement process.
Ideal for builders, operations engineers, and process administrators—especially these prepared to embody a DevOps approach—Using Docker will take you from Docker and box fundamentals to operating dozens of packing containers on a multi-host process with networking and scheduling. The middle of the publication walks you thru the stairs had to advance, attempt, and set up an internet software with Docker.
- Get begun with Docker via development and deploying an easy internet application
- Use non-stop Deployment options to push your program to creation a number of instances a day
- Learn quite a few suggestions and methods for logging and tracking a number of containers
- Examine networking and repair discovery: how do packing containers locate one another and the way do you attach them?
- Orchestrate and cluster packing containers to handle load-balancing, scaling, failover, and scheduling
- Secure your procedure by means of following the rules of defense-in-depth and least privilege
By Robert Chin
Beginning Android 3D online game Development is a distinct, examples-driven ebook for latest Android and online game app builders who are looking to the best way to construct 3D video game apps that run at the newest Android 5.0 (KitKat) platform utilizing Java and OpenGL ES.
Android video game app improvement is still one of many most well-liked parts the place indies and latest online game app builders appear to be so much active. Android is the second one most sensible cellular apps eco and arguably even a warmer video game apps eco than iOS. 3D makes your video games come alive; so during this booklet you can find that we pass extensive on developing 3D video games for the Android platform with OpenGL ES 2.0 utilizing an unique case learn online game known as Drone Grid.
Moreover, this publication deals an intensive case research with code that would be modular and re-useable supporting you create your individual video games utilizing complex vertex and fragment shaders. Drone Grid is a online game app case examine that's a bit of just like the easiest promoting Geometry Wars video game sequence using a gravity grid and colourful summary pix and debris.
After analyzing and utilizing this e-book, you could construct your first 3D Android video game app for smartphones and tablets. you could also be capable of add and promote from well known Android app shops like Google Play and Amazon Appstore.
By Emery Premeaux, Brian Evans
Arduino tasks to save lots of the World exhibits that it takes little various instruments, a number of wires and sensors, an Arduino board, and somewhat gumption to construct units that decrease strength money owed, assist you develop our personal foodstuff, video display pollutants within the air and within the flooring, even provide you with a warning approximately earth tremors.
Arduino initiatives to save lots of the World introduces the kinds of sensors had to acquire environmental data―from temperature sensors to movement sensors. you will see tasks that take care of strength sources―from development your individual energy strip to operating your Arduino board on sun panels so that you can really continue to construct structures that aid, for instance, to decrease your strength money owed. upon getting a few information, it is time to placed it to stable use by way of publishing it on-line as you gather it; this publication exhibits you the way.
The middle of this booklet offers with the Arduino tasks themselves:
- Account for warmth loss utilizing a warmth loss temperature sensor array that sends probes into each nook of your home for max measurement.
- Monitor neighborhood seismic task along with your personal seismic display screen.
- Keep your Arduino units alive within the box with a sun powered machine that makes use of a wise, power-saving layout.
- Monitor your information and units with a instant radio gadget; position your sensors the place you're keen on with out being concerned approximately wires.
- Keep a watch in your strength intake with a worldly strength display screen that files its info at any place you love.
Arduino tasks to avoid wasting the World teaches the aspiring eco-friendly platforms specialist to construct environmentally-sound, home-based Arduino units. Saving the area, one Arduino at a time.
Please note: the print model of this name is black & white; the booklet is complete color.
By Brian Harvey
This sequence is for people--adults and teenagers--who have an interest in machine programming simply because it's enjoyable. the 3 volumes use the brand programming language because the motor vehicle for an exploration of machine technology from the viewpoint of symbolic computation and synthetic intelligence. brand is a dialect of Lisp, a language utilized in the main complex examine tasks in desktop technology, specially in synthetic intelligence. during the sequence, practical programming ideas (including better order capabilities and recursion) are emphasised, yet conventional sequential programming can be used while acceptable. within the moment variation, the 1st volumes were rearranged in order that illustrative case experiences look with the recommendations they display. quantity 1 features a new bankruptcy approximately larger order capabilities, and the recursion chapters were reorganized for better readability. quantity 2 features a new instructional bankruptcy approximately macros, an particular strength of Berkeley emblem, and new tasks. in the course of the sequence, the bigger application examples were rewritten for higher clarity by way of extra huge use of information abstraction. quantity 2 complicated strategies, is addressed to the reader with a few adventure with symbolic emblem programming. It combines extra instructional chapters approximately complicated emblem beneficial properties with case reports within which these suggestions are utilized in programming initiatives. The tasks variety from video games (a solitaire software) via utilities (finding the diversities among models of a dossier) to a working laptop or computer that interprets simple courses into emblem. This quantity additionally comprises the Berkeley emblem Reference guide as an appendix. the emblem courses in those books and the author's unfastened Berkeley emblem interpreter can be found through the net or on diskette.
Download E-books Winning LEGO MINDSTORMS Programming: LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT-G Programming for Fun and Competition (Technology in Action) PDF
By James Trobaugh
Winning LEGO MINDSTORMS Programming is your price ticket to effectively programming for enjoyable and pageant with LEGO MINDSTORMS and the NXT-G programming language popular in FIRST LEGO League occasions. The ebook is a significant other identify to writer James Trobaugh’s acclaimed ebook on actual robotic layout, Winning Design!. This new booklet focuses squarely at the programming part of operating with MINDSTORMS. jointly the 2 books positioned you on a rock-solid starting place for developing with LEGO MINDSTORMS, even if for enjoyable at domestic or in pageant with a team.
Winning LEGO MINDSTORMS Programming sets the degree by way of emphasizing the significance of up entrance making plans, and considering the problem to be met. learn how to evaluation attainable recommendations via sanity-testing their good judgment ahead of you set the trouble into truly writing the code. Then decide upon your best choice and write the code utilising the thoughts during this booklet. reap the benefits of language gains resembling MyBlocks to reinforce reliability and create easy-to-debug code. deal with your code as you modify and enhance it for you to hint what you’ve performed and fall again if wanted. keep away from universal programming pitfalls. paintings powerfully with teammates to beat festival demanding situations of all types.
- Provides good ideas just like these utilized by expert programmers, and optimized for the LEGO MINDSTORMS platform.
- Addresses key projects vital to pageant reminiscent of line detection, line following, squaring of corners, motor stall detection, and extra.
- Compliments Winning Design! via tackling the programming facet of festival.
Download E-books The Android Developer's Cookbook: Building Applications with the Android SDK (2nd Edition) (Developer's Library) PDF
By Ronan Schwarz, James Steele, Nelson To
Do you need to start construction apps for Android, today’s #1 cellular platform? Are you already construction Android apps yet are looking to get well at it? The Android ™ Developer’s Cookbook, moment variation, brings jointly all of the professional assistance and code you’ll need.
This version has been greatly up to date to mirror the opposite Android 4.2.2 releases. You’ll locate all-new chapters on complex threading and UI improvement, in-app billing, push messages, and local improvement, plus new recommendations for every little thing from getting access to NFC to utilizing Google Cloud Messaging.
Proven modular recipes take you from the fundamentals the entire strategy to complex companies, supporting you to utilize the latest Android APIs and instruments. The authors’ absolutely up-to-date code samples are designed to function templates on your personal initiatives and parts. You’ll study best-practice concepts for successfully fixing universal difficulties and for keeping off pitfalls through the whole improvement lifecycle. assurance includes
- Organizing Android apps and integrating their actions
- Working successfully with companies, receivers, and alerts
- Managing threads, together with complicated strategies utilizing AsyncTasks and loaders
- Building strong, intuitive person interfaces
- Implementing complicated UI gains, together with customized perspectives, animation, accessibility, and big reveal support
- Capturing, enjoying, and manipulating media
- Interacting with SMS, web pages, and social networks
- Storing facts through SQLite and different methods
- Integrating in-app billing utilizing Google Play services
- Managing push messaging with C2DM
- Leveraging new parts and constructions for local Android development
- Efficiently trying out and debugging with Android’s newest instruments and methods, together with LINT code analysis
The Android ™ Developer’s Cookbook, moment version, is all you want to jumpstart any Android venture, and create high-value, feature-rich apps that sell.
By Ajay Kapur, Perry R. Cook, Ge Wang
Programming for Musicians and electronic Artists: developing track with ChucK bargains a whole advent to programming within the open resource track language ChucK. In it, you are going to examine the fundamentals of electronic sound production and manipulation when you observe the ChucK language. As you progress example-by-example via this easy-to-follow booklet, you will create significant and worthwhile electronic compositions and "instruments" that make sound and song in direct reaction to application common sense, rankings, gestures, and different platforms attached through MIDI or the network.
Purchase of the print publication contains a unfastened e-book in PDF, Kindle, and ePub codecs from Manning Publications.
About this Book
A electronic musician needs to control sound accurately. ChucK is an audio-centric programming language that gives specified keep watch over over the years, audio computation, and person interface parts like song pads and joysticks. since it makes use of the vocabulary of sound, ChucK is simple to benefit even for artists with very little publicity to desktop programming.
Programming for Musicians and electronic Artists bargains a whole advent to song programming. In it, you are going to examine the fundamentals of electronic sound manipulation if you learn how to software utilizing ChucK. Example-by-example, you are going to create significant electronic compositions and "instruments" that reply to software common sense, rankings, gestures, and different structures hooked up through MIDI or the community. you are going to additionally adventure how ChucK allows the on-the-fly musical improvisation practiced through groups of "live song coders" round the world.
Written for readers conversant in the vocabulary of sound and track. No adventure with machine programming is required.
- Learn ChucK and electronic tune construction side-by-side
- Invent new sounds, tools, and modes of performance
- Written by way of the creators of the ChucK language
About the Authors
Perry Cook, Ajay Kapur, Spencer Salazar, and Ge Wang are pioneers within the quarter of educating and programming electronic song. Ge is the author and leader architect of the ChucK language.
Table of Contents
- Introduction: ChucK programming for artists
PART 1 advent TO PROGRAMMING IN CHUCK
- Basics: sound, waves, and ChucK programming
- Libraries: ChucK's integrated tools
- Arrays: arranging and gaining access to your compositional data
- Sound records and sound manipulation
- Functions: making your individual tools
- Unit turbines: ChucK gadgets for sound synthesis and processing
- Synthesis ToolKit instruments
- Multithreading and concurrency: operating many courses at once
- Objects and periods: making your personal ChucK strength tools
- Events: signaling among shreds and syncing to the skin world
- Integrating with different structures through MIDI, OSC, serial, and more
PART 2 NOW IT will get relatively INTERESTING!
Download E-books UNIX Network Programming, Volume 2: Interprocess Communications (Paperback) (2nd Edition) PDF
Well-implemented interprocess communications (IPC) are key to the functionality of almost each non-trivial UNIX software. In UNIX community Programming, quantity 2, moment variation, mythical UNIX professional W. Richard Stevens provides a finished advisor to each kind of IPC, together with message passing, synchronization, shared reminiscence, and distant approach Calls (RPC). Stevens starts off with a simple advent to IPC and the issues it really is meant to unravel. step by step you will how to maximize either approach V IPC and the hot Posix criteria, which supply dramatic advancements in comfort and function.